Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lisa Frank Jesus and My Daughter

There were lots of things to love this day, but by evening Amanda and I were sitting at Lisa Frank Jesus, the home of Mexicannish food near the Grove City outlets. Tonight we got to sit in one of the booths against the wall where the world's worst rendering of The Last Supper is plastered on the wall in colors that would have made Lisa Frank say, "Damn, man. Tone it down a bit."

But the colorization is only part of the beauty-- the rendering of human forms has never been so delightfully off. Right by my head was a foot on which the big toe extended several inches beyond everything else on the foot. Skulls are distorted as if the apostles had been squoze through God's own bowling ball polisher. It is huge and so earnestly awful that it makes me smile. Not even the Pope table at Buca de Beppo does it so well.

Also, this post "http://sunshineguerilla.blogspot.com/2013/08/final-thoughts-on-camp-galileo.html" from my daughter's blog I read today (there's a fine sentence construction). Her combination of strength and honesty continues to be amazing and awesome to me. It has been hard to watch her struggle these past few years and not be able to fix it, but it fills my heart to see her get into a marriage with an exceptional man and to spend the summer letting her own bright spirit find expression again.

No comments:

Post a Comment